What We Do:
CASAs help children that are in foster care. CASA members are the “eyes and ears” of the court system and it’s their responsibility to make sure these children are well taken care of.
What you will do as a CYA:
- CYA’s will attend CASA functions as a youth representative of CASA. This means you will meet and greet people, help point them in the right direction, and assist with the set up/take down of activities. You may also be asked to help with an art project or a fundraiser!
- CYA’s will also attend meetings. This is where we will brainstorm ideas for future events and fundraisers. The meetings may be physical or online, but we will work as a team to create objectives, accomplish tasks, and get to really know one another.
- CYA’s will be required to attend a minimum of two meetings and two events every 12 months.
- CYA’s will sign a pledge to represent CASA to the best of their ability in support of foster children..
- To give you an idea of events, here are some that CYA has participated in:
Pet Parade, Fiesta para Bebes, March Against Child Abuse, Mugs for CASA
What you will receive for volunteering as a CYA:
- A CYA certificate of participation
- A CYA t-shirt
- Exposure to local community events
- Participation in planning and executing fundraisers/events
- Knowledge that you are helping to make a difference in the lives of foster children
- Experience with like minded peers, as future youth leaders
If you are interested in becoming a part of a dynamic and inspiring group of young adults who are determined to make a difference in their local community, please use the button below to sign-up.